PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2017, 10:09
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IOMX
I notice the new summer timetable shows EasyJet flying to the island twice every day from Gatwick it will be interesting to see what the service punctuality of this route will be like this year they don't have a good track record. The London City route is now only operating three rotations a day with a slightly revised timetable on the afternoon and evening rotations.
I have made the point several times but the island needs the certainty that the BA flight provides, a regular well timed service. London City is an excellent airport with very easy access to central London and a very quick and efficient operation in both directions.
Please encourage anybody who is travelling to London to use this service and ensure it continues to be maintained at a minimum of three times a day. If its booked several weeks out it offers very good value.
Not correct at all, regarding easyJet frequencies.

It is generally double-daily, but there is only one on Saturdays across the whole summer (except for either end of TT Week) and only one on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in July and August. This is pretty similar to 2016, although there was period last year, where there were no Saturday flights at all. Overall, not a significant increase in seats, across the season.

BA already adjusted, with the ad hoc Embraer flights from 2016 disappearing and the S2000 only operating 3 rotations, most days. All in all, they seem to have adjusted capacity to meet the modest easyJet changes.

easyJet punctuality is a whole different matter. As far as I can see, to respond to the criticism of the performance of 855/856 last year, they just rescheduled it to operate even later! This means that, on those days with a single flight, the earliest anyone can hope to reach LGW is 22.20!!