PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick vs ADS-B vs AsA vs CASA vs Cambridge in Bad Wx
Old 8th Feb 2017, 08:05
haydnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs, i'd be careful your Guide Dog doesn't choke on you in your sleep. You cant really be helped if you take what is said out of context.

Umm, no Dick was not cleared to descend to 2000ft not below then DME steps "then cleared for the 30 ILS" (or some other approach)
That comment had nothing to do with Dick's flight in to HB. It was however explaining how descents apper to work in a US Radar environment, if your were to read my post correctly.

I cant be bothered looking through your posts, are you just a compulsive winger?

Whats with the chip on your shoulder? Do you think Dick explanation of his arrival is an exaggeration? How many tall stories have you told down at the club?

Like I said previously, why all the carry on? If we have they gear (ground equipment etc), why not sort out the system so we can use the service?

At my home airport in class G, I can get flight following all the way down to 500 feet in the circuit until I cancel it (yes i know ADS-B coverage in a fair bit of the country is poor). Why not spend the time and money and improve what we have in CTA?

I remember not long after the Benalla accident enroute controllers were really on edge. Even after changing to the CTAF flying into Young one stormy night they kept on my case whilst maneuvering inside MSA to make sure I wasn't going to go all Monarch on them. But what a great service, actually monitoring flight.

Now Bloggs, I dont know how many engines the armchair has the you fly, for me, my use of class E is limited to 1500 feet. The service of surveillance in that airspace I thought was great. Why not bring this down and have a "Service" where it is needed? There are no hills in Australia to hit higher then 8500 feet where class E exists!