PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick vs ADS-B vs AsA vs CASA vs Cambridge in Bad Wx
Old 8th Feb 2017, 02:30
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadync
Um, yes there was Dick Said:
Umm, no Dick was not cleared to descend to 2000ft not below then DME steps "then cleared for the 30 ILS" (or some other approach). Do you even understand what is meant by "descend to 2000ft not below the DME steps"? There was no instrument approach involved after that. As you said before, "There is no flipping between DME arrival pages and approach pages."

Originally Posted by hayndc
You've never planned an approach and had the tower change the plan at last minute? Things are very simple in your armchair.
Hold it. There was no suggestion from you that ATC changed the approach on you. You said "At no time was I given an "expect RWY 30 VOR/DME (at the time) so it was a bit of a scurry through approach plates to work out what they were talking about". You didn't even plan the approach in the first place (or at least ask what they were going to give you so you could prepare). That's pretty bad airmanship.

And yes, I have had the plan change on me at the last minute, by ATC or myself.

Originally Posted by haydnc
If the WX really is that bad, safety would say you should be on a RWY approach flying the profile and not just descending enroute to minima! (RNAV / ILS at HB).
Now that's a really clever idea, why didn't Dick think of that...

Looking at Flight Aware and weather sites, it appears that the weather at the time of his arrival was CAVOK (previous hour or so SCT @ 5500).