PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outrageous and unsafe ADS-B non-use in the J curve by Airservices
Old 7th Feb 2017, 20:05
Gne

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
Before we all go chasing rabbits when we should be looking for foxes

As Ron Cooper (COCFS) once told me, "It is very hard to argue with someone who is unencumbered with a basic knowledge of the facts."

Let me restate an earlier post in the other thread on this topic.

It is a pity this discussion will likely continue for several days with uninformed input from most posters. And it is also a pity the reporter was also not properly informed.

Both deficiencies would be remedied if someone (perhaps the regulatory agency) commissioned a report from a multi disciplinary group of experts on the safety benefit of surveillance in airspace. Such report should include a tutorial on the various surveillance technologies and be peer reviewed.

The report could then be published so that important discussions such as this could continue on an informed basis. Perhaps then we would see a mutually beneficial result and not nitpicking and personal attacks.

Oh... I understand CASA commissioned such a report some years ago. Perhaps it could be updated and the updated version made available. In the meantime does anyone have a link to the original report?

Gne