PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2017, 16:55
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts
MY goodness, this discussion takes unexpected pathways! Today's contribution to our medical forum: the Senior Houseman on the ward where I spent eight long weeks awaiting surgery was in fact a Senior Housewoman – and a real stunner. For some reason she took to me and kept a very close eye as I progressed towards the Big Exit.

One evening she changed before ending her shift so she could go direct from hospital to party, arriving for her final ward rounds with a toss of her ponytail, clad in a vivid top and a pair of jeans which must have been sprayed on. She bounced up to my bedside, raising the ward's collective blood pressure to dangerous levels, and asked if she looked OK? I said I wished I was 50 years younger, at which she gave me a big hug to the envious cheers of the other patients.

I was enjoying this novel therapy when Sister came round the corner to see what the commotion was about. 'Put that patient down at once, doctor', she said. 'It's dangerous to excite these cardiac cases'. 'Oh yes', said my carer, 'but it's like having a grandpa again.' Three years later we're still in touch, my lovely friend is happily married and as pleased with the results of my surgery as I am myself. Alas, while she has qualified she is now paying off her £45,000 student loan.