PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you fly?
Thread: Would you fly?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2017, 13:42
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  1. It is February and not very stable weather condition, so I doubt fog will be gone as early as 7z,
  2. you should not put yourself under pressure, especially not as a low time ppl,
  3. you definitely won't know until tomorrow morning given the weather systems situation,
  4. you may have to sit until 10 or 11 before sky is clear enough,
  5. do you have some instrument rating and a capable machine?,
  6. ask yourself seriously: will you be able to sit in the aircraft, ready to take off for maybe an hour or two or three, only to push it back in the hangar and take the car?,
  7. ask yourself: what will you do when weather get worse and you have to leave the plane at the other airfield and take something else for the ride back home, are you able to do that?,
  8. maybe the most important question: what is the purpose of you asking this question here? Your local friends would be far better advisors compared to us, as they know the area much better than we do and they know you. Did they already say No?

You declared yourself "relatively low hour PPL".
You have trouble making this decision.
How good you are to make another decision in flight, i.e. when weather deteriorates unexpected?

I tend to advice, do not go.
Wait for better circumstances to further learn.
Try such weather and to challenge your decision uncertainty for a local flight first.