PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about permanent runway markings on grass strips
Old 5th Feb 2017, 17:38
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I decided to mark up my grass strip to measure my short field landings. A mate who is the groundsman at league toppers Brechin City give me his old pitch marker machine and a bag of the chalky paint stuff. I put a circle 200ft up the 1600ft strip as my touchdown spot then a line across the strip every 100ft thereafter up to the 600ft point (with the final 600ft line being 800ft from the threshold) All went well and I flew the **** out of the crircuit
nailing my landings and pulling it up before the 600ft marker. Then one day a new visitor came in and landed almost running off the end. He had though that my markings where some kind of displaced threshold and landed after the 800 ft point almost half way down the strip as there is a tree nearby the threshold he put 2 and 2 together and almost got a bent plane.

Be very careful about putting non standard markings on your strip even if it is farm strip seldom used by others.