PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stinger Forensics
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 00:36
TraderAl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wino, you are a rude son of a gun and I am not up to any conspiracy.

Maybe if you notice a drop of 20% in your passenger biz and you get laid off you might not feel so condescending, or leap to conclusions about another's motives despite what that person claims.

But still, thanks for your answer. As I was said I am seeking such answers and I read quite a bit of this board but didn't encounter the information you relayed.

What is a "continuous rod"? Are you knowledgeable regarding the forensics of a stinger strike? My understanding is a stinger strikes in proximity not by hitting so there would be no "continuous rod" - but I do not even know what that is..

Another responder (again with the same ire that you expressed, which seeing as two planes have driven into the WTC I find misplaced - in other words there is no conspiracy to dream up only the identification of actuality) mentioned that there is fragmentation with a stinger. A person I know who deployed them as a pro said there is very little if any, just a sharp flash and a hell of shock wave.

You seem to answer my concern about how engines can detach as well. Do other readers share this? It seems eyewitnesses did not report a large side slip nor did the flight recorder - did the engines come off after the flight recorder stopped or before, or is this something that cannot be discerned from the ground?

Wino, please be patient with your lesser mortals, your customers, your passengers.

But, you might give pause to take sincerely the claim that I am not launching or promoting a conspiracy theory and find that a bit mean spirited and rude on your part. IN fact I am trying in a small way to prevent one. Those in the industry better get serious and answer my questions for if the failed composite material thesis ends in unclear debate, this is where your passengers/public is headed. TWA 800 times magnitudes.

You infer that I am trying to cause disruption and a sense of conspiracy, sir, wrongly. Or you insult me by not taking my sincerity at face value.

So, your explanation, delivered with vitriol rather than calm logic only casts discredit on what is likely an informed stance.

Trust me all who have specific knowledge, I am trying to lay to rest any concerns that this was a MANPADS, not promote such an idea.

The side slip seems to explain the engines - does it to other knowledgeable folks minds? Does anyone have explicit knowledge as to why this could not be a stinger strike beyond inference as to "pristine tails" - Methinks a sharp blast would leave a pristibe tail, but about 50 yards from the craft it was attached to previously.