PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2017, 09:15
singapore.snake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview:

You don't have to worry about the interview.

What we care about is your attitude.

We have set the bare minimum accepted by any insurance group: 3000 hours total and 500 in command. If you're applying for first officer position, your hours don't matter, we have to teach you how to fly from scratch anyway.

We don't ask any technical questions, because we assume that you as a type rated pilot know all the answers. We expect the same if you're hired as well - this is why we don't need to do any real training - you are a pro and you know your stuff.

We don't do any real personal interview. We just want to know if you're willing to move to Hong Kong on these terms and conditions. We assume you are a smart individual who has done his research, and knows the standard you will be living here.

We don't do any real sim assessment either. We assume you as a type rated pilot would know how to fly this airplane. We therefore check only this fact - you need to take off, do a few turns to the left and right, and land safely.

There ARE two requirements though:
1. You NEED to be able to find our office and say in ENGLISH language: I AM A PILOT.
2. You NEED to sign the contract on current terms and conditions.

These two conditions are the tricky part, because they contradict each other: you need to be smart enough to learn that sentence by heart, and be the exact opposite to sign that contract.

Oooops did I just say that...? I meant: it takes a top gun to satisfy all these conditions.