PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2017, 01:47
Stupidbutsaveable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by melmothtw
No doubt this is true in your Alt-Fact universe Racedo, just as the Georgian government clearly attacked its own people in Ossetia and Abkhazia also. As for those us not following the post-truth agenda, the timeline as to who has been attacking who in that part of the world, and for what reason, is quite clear.
Is it clear; really? Far from it in my book. Anything presented that does not fit your false model gets palmed off. Wtf is a post-truth agenda anyway?

Of course Putin has an agenda, it's on his doorstep. Did anyone seriously not expect Russia to secure Crimea?

I'm not sure whether it was EU expansionist incompetence or something more sinister but we seem to be backing a pretty unsavoury bunch. Scratch the surface just a little and the far right are there. Once again, I believe we think we are smarter than we actually are and are royally xxxxxxx up by not truly understanding the psyche of the people.

To give an idea where I'm coming from; my wife is from Horlivka and up until this whole sad saga I generally believed what our venerable institutions told us. She has challenged me to open my eyes, and with access to some of the local media and social media (friends) I am seeing the world through a different lens, and it's not pretty.

For example, I'm sure most of us hold the OSCE in some regard. Performing a difficult task with their reports often, it appears to me at least, used and abused for political capital. Look at them from the other side of the fence. They become just another western military organisation with,at best, no credibility and at worst they are viewed with complete distrust. When they turn up in a neighbourhood it goes quiet. As soon as they depart it gets noisy, means as suggested by the posters above. And yes, it is happening. Also, have a look at the outcome following their report into the Odessa massacre. I'm sure there are representations and 'mentoring' going on in the background, etc,etc. But to average Ivan steel worker/miner in Dombass it is truly disgusting appeasement and a tacit green light to bad people.

Please don't misunderstand me, I have utmost respect for any journalist putting themselves in harms way seeking the truth. I just don't think we get it anymore and for certain our 'impartial' media are doing a piss-poor job in telling both sides of the story.