PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2017, 22:12
savannahlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another latecomer to this thread.

I knew Dave Boothman well and had met his wife Patsy too. Also remember Harry. I was working in Autair passenger services at the time having dropped out of university! The crash which killed Dave and Harry devastated all of us as we were such a small company in those days. I remember Dave's funeral. I can't quite recall whether Patsy had had the baby (Adam) by then or not.

I went on to have a very shortlived marriage to an Autair flight despatcher. We had a daughter and went to live in Australia and I came back after our marriage broke up. Went back to Luton to work as a trainee controller in ATC at Luton and subsequently married another controller (44 year anniversary coming up!). We went to Hong Kong for 12 years where he worked at Kai Tak and I worked for the Honkers and Shankers having by then obtained an MBA which sent me in a different direction entirely.

I remember many of the people named earlier in this thread from the Autair days - lovely crowd. We saw a few coming through HK from time to time. Many happy memories of our days in aviation over a lot of years - my husband retired 4 years ago after 47 years in Air Traffic!