PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2017, 21:36
BEagle

Received 275 Likes on 111 Posts
I received a PM from 'PPRune Towers' which relayed a 'need' from a DC of Sussex Police to speak about comments I made on PPRuNe concerning aspects of Hunter flying which I made shortly after Andy Hill's accident at Shoreham.

I have yet to decide whether or not to reply.

However, if PPRuNe posters are being approached in this manner 18 months after posting their comments, this might well spell the death knell of the forum.

Particularly when, as was reported last year:
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “Detectives investigating the circumstances of the crash of a Hunter fighter jet at Shoreham in August 2015, which killed 11 people, have confirmed that a 52-year-old man was notified in December that he is being investigated for possible endangerment pursuant to Article 138 Air Navigation Order 2009 and also manslaughter by gross negligence.”
Would any pilot really wish to offer information which might support such a case against a fellow aviator? Somehow I doubt it and I consider that 'PPRuNe Towers' should have made this abundantly clear to Sussex Police. I haven't flown a Hunter for 40 years and if reminiscences posted on a Rumour Network are now being examined in such a manner, it's highly probable that there won't be many such posts in future....

So why didn't you make that point, eh Rob?