PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN Security has halved!
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2003, 01:05
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Manchester Security

I like the vast majority of us I am sure accept that, a high level of security, sensibly & professionly applied at all times can only make all our lives that much safer. Alas this of course is not the case at most airports worldwide , not only Manchester, where in my opinion the passenger is considered almost an anoying nuisance. I understand and accept the argument from the Security Staff themselves, in that their terms & conditions of employment appear to be very poor.
Surely it is up to the airport management to put the matter right, quite simple I would think,
Recruit professionly trained and confident security staff, pay them a sensible salary & give them decent conditions of employment. Also almost as an aside, do remember every now & then the passenger him or herself, after all we are the ones paying to use the Airport in the first place. My own personal choices of international airports for the best and most efficient security applied with tact and diplomacy, Toronto & Auckland. The worst, any airport in the USA, in particular LAX. I note that the chairman of the Manchester Air Operators committee appears quite happy with the situation at present at his airport, he of course is entitled to his opinion.