PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2017, 08:41
nwoody2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in no way suggesting that 1 weekly flight made BHX 'better, bigger or more important' in anyway than MAN, nor that any information could be deduced or concluded. As this place is indeed a discussion forum, I just thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion, will Vueling open a new base in the UK? and if so where?

With all the talk of a new base opening up at MAN, I just simply assumed the vueling operations were significantly bigger at MAN than BHX (or anywhere else for that matter) and that MAN would therefore be the obvious choice for a new base in the UK. I was therefore shocked, that give or take a flight per week and a couple of seats, the operations were pretty similar between MAN/BHX...

Thanks for the info LAX_LHR. Based on information on Wiki, a VY A320 has 144 seats and A321 has 220 seats. Therefore, as the current timetable stands, for Summer 17 MAN has 20 weekly flights providing 6,820 seats a week with BHX having 21 weekly flights and 6,960 seats a week, however, as we know, there is plenty of time to change and this is just a snapshot!