PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two arrested over 'disarming warplanes' at BAE Systems in Warton
Old 1st Feb 2017, 19:55
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Jinda and Jabba (good double act name) I'm not that naïve, merely interested and very concerned in our countries involvement and direction within the Yemen.
I worked relatively nearby once, and I like the people of the region and more.
Worries me deeply about the loss of innocent civilian life there. There is British industrial military governmental involvement with this - its simply undeniable (and has been proven).
That RAF officers are lurking in the background of the Saudi command rooms, assisting in the air operation, and more..its pretty abhorrent.
Well I find it abhorrent anyway.
Naïve.....
Thai mate..in the UK you can only (if you are authorised to actually carry a weapon that is) open fire with that weapon if your own life or others is in immediate danger of death or injury by that lethal weapon or similar force. (That's how my little brain remembers it in times of stress anyway).
Private guards, UK police or military cant open fire and kill people if property is about to be damaged and upset their boss (especially in a factory).
I'm trying to break this gently to you.

Last edited by Hangarshuffle; 1st Feb 2017 at 20:10.