PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2017, 19:54
Danny42C

MPN11, Box Brownie, Wander00, Chugalug, Ddraig Gogh, Fantom Zorbin. papa juliet, An Email from a Pruner, Geriaviator, Ormeside28. ricardian, lasernigel and MPN11 (again, with a particularly evocative Flight of Fancy).

Chaps ! What can I say ? It has been much the same as listening to the Eulogy at your own funeral ! I am most humbled and grateful for all the kind things which have been said about me. As I've so often said, I enjoy blowing my own trumpet, have been blessed with the "Gift of the Gab", which enables me to do so, and if you find it entertaining and interesting to read, then that is a Bonus to me.

Know now that Danny is home again, and firing on at least 3 out of 4 cyllinders. As I explained matters earlier to a kind friend among us, who had emailed his concern:
..."Back with Mary teatime today ! (There's No Place like Home !)

Just for observation, really, but Mary was worried about me. got the ambulance Sunday early AM and got me in ! Turned out she was right, lung infection, they got on top of it, bunged me full of antibiotics, all well now with more pills than you could shake a stick at"....
NHS here very good, treated me well, no complaints on that score.

So, "On with the Motley". Put some more coke on the stove, let the conversation flow !
With renewed thanks to you all, Danny.

PS. I am gratified to see that MPN11s "Flight of fancy" has been so strongly welcomed and supported (to date) by Geriaviator and Wander00. A true poet !

PPs. MPN11, right first time. Who ever heard of a crewroom door hinge being oiled ? Let it creak (like most of the inhabitants !) say I.

D.