PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sacked for a Sandwich...
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2017, 10:07
EladElap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about EASA FDP law etc... However I found it very interesting, that in a certain country in deep dark backward West Africa, it actually specifies that should crew be on duty between 1000-1400/1700-2000 (something like that), they WILL by law be supplied with ADEQUATE meals. Speaking to mates operating on a West African AOC out there... bags were late, fuel late, pax late... but crew meals were ALWAYS delivered to the crew in time.

Working myself in very remote areas under an FDP dispensation that makes no allowance for the above, I have often had to fly hungry (no airport shops, and despite promises of crew meal delivery non forth coming). Being properly nourished is as important as being properly rested. Low blood sugar is extremely dangerous when flying.

Back to the original article, seems a complete over reaction from EZY. Clearly they are not providing adequate meals for their crews. Seems like this poor girl although very naive, definitely didn't eat the sandwich maliciously. If I was in the same situation, and one of my crew was hungry, I'd record that I was taking the sandwich, let them eat it, and deal with whatever the consequences later.