PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking friends up for a joy ride
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2017, 09:22
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
During 18 Sqns 25th anniversary celebration, it was authorised for wives to go on a flight in the Chinook, I still have the certificate somewhere and picture of them in flying suits walking out to the aircraft.

After moving from Gutersloh to St Athan an 18 Sqn Chinook arrived and I recognised the crew, while I was talking to them I jokingly asked if there was any chance of a trip for myself and others from the hangar, quite surprised when it was agreed. A load of us jumped on and as I still had my flying kit (I was a rotortuner) decided to be a poser and wear it, great trip and well recieved by the St Athan guys as they don't get out much, only problem was the Flight Sgt was not impressed as I forgot to ask permission to take time off.

One of my best flights was the last Hunter at Honington, I was given a flight with an experienced QFI, and I think I have asked before if anyone on here might have been, or know who the pilot was and aircraft number, as I regret now not recording those details, something I had not done on any of my flights in aircraft, like the Vulcan one at Scampton.