PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Ship
Thread: What Ship
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2017, 23:08
Shayc307

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks fellas, yea I never even thought about a 205 because I assumed they were out of the budget, an from what little research I just did it seams that they are, although I would love to have one!

The 500 and the 480 have both been on my research list also, so any real life experiences with cost to operate them are also very welcome, I know for sure the 206b3 and the 66 will do the job along with the 480 and 500, I'm just trying to decide what the most ecenomical route to go will be in the long term. L4 would be great although a little overkill for what I need and out of my price range.

But keep the info coming boys I really appreciate all the help I can get! Also another factor I should mention, business will be a single pilot operation, being me, an also I'm not an A&p or IA so reliability is going to be huge. I know they are Helicopters so there will be maintenance but the fewer maint issues the better as always.

I know the other operator in the area chose the 66 based mainly on that concern alone as he isn't AP or IA either an said although he probably would have rather had a B3, he didn't have quick access to a full time mechanic and had heard of other guys fighting the 206s more with little issues, oil seeps, etc that he didn't have the time or know how to deal with. He now has 600 hrs on his new 66 without taking it to the shop except for 100hrs.