PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Proms pics
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 20:37
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shuttleworth Proms

Hi OTC - The rungs of the ladder were actually painted in luminous paint - you know - the same radioactive stuff that the female WW2 instrument painters killed themselves with because they habitually licked the brush to get a nice point on it..

You can just magine the torchlight flarepath - Agents scurrying off into the trees - downed airmen 'brought down the line' to be repatriated and climbing those luminous rungs...

Pure nostalgia. They were brave people indeed.

Hi Stampe - sorry to impose upon you at the last minute to do 3 sorties in the Maggie for me - somebody had to do it...!

I hope you don't mind if it happens again....

Pleased to introduce a 'bloke from Kent' to his native nectar. I have a good supply of it up here in the Midlands.

Bottled head injury or what??!!

Pity you missed the Moth Rally - excellent tucker, nice band, great banter and (OK - they were DH..) some nice planes.

A very challenging strip, crosswind all day (sometimes with a slight tail component) and still rough unfortunately, though a lot better than last year.

Some of DB's pictures appear to show some scruffy landings. Not a bit of it - great piloting skills (OK, one got a bit bent..) in difficult conditions. Definately not for beginners (I cheated with my brakes and flaps!)

I would need to pluck up courage to take the Miles Falcon in there.

A privilege to be invited, especially in a 'rival' Miles machine.

HP