PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kfir's for Argentina
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2017, 15:40
CAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MACH2NUNMBER, I´m afraid you´re wrong, you judge me wrong. I do believe you. The main source of information we have over the whole Malvinas/Falkland issue are british testimonies, documents, writings, videos and phtographs. I do take you seriously, very I should add.

I also understand that time has passed and people can and actually change. I´m not a chauvinist crack-head. I´m just a citizen of my country trying to put up the pieces together. History develops before my eyes.

You and BB say that not offensive plans exist, well I´ll take that. The Official History of the Falklands War, by Lawrence Freedman, explains why and when those plans were drawn. There are also some sources that explain why back in the 80s the outer limit of the TEZ was actually the no-cross line, meaning that interceptions should be done -if possible- before the intruder got to cross it. You say that´s long passed and no longer appliable, well, again, enough for me; I´ll take it as the present truth.

Never said that the UK has plans to harm Argentina in a military way. I´m afraid I just did not make myself clear. I do believ that good-will prevails on both sides down south and that´s the main explanation for the lack of serious incidents since June 1982. I also know about some exercises run by both military in the past 20 years, thou I would not called them frequent. They are actually rare.

I also agree with you as for the wish of both peoples to live peaceful. It just happens that an open unsolved issue remains: sovereignty over the islands. It can surely be solved and we all expect it will be done sooner than later.

One last thing, of course you´re free to choose whom to listen or read. As for me, I choose to read you all.