PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banner ads on here
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2017, 15:26
crablab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by le Pingouin
What terms and conditions would those be?
These ones: Terms of Use
If I visit PPRuNe without being logged in I'm presented with advertising without agreeing to anything. If I join PPRuNe there is no mention of requiring the display or viewing ads in the terms and conditions. I checked. What I choose to display on my screen or download is entirely at my discretion.
The very fact you visit the site means you automatically agree to the terms and conditions unless you choose to opt-out (not visit the site) and to the content that is being displayed.

The reputation of the company says very little about the reputation of the ads being served - many reputable companies have served dodgy ads because they do nothing to vet the adverts that appear on their website by entirely outsourcing advertising to third parties.
Not necessarily. Google invests a large amount of time, computing power and money into it's ad platform to vet and categorise ads appropriately. Not only does it uphold the reputation of the service but the improved categorisation and serving of ads (using AI and machine learning) increases click rates and interaction as they are being served to people who are genuinely interested in those ads.