PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st Jan 2017, 13:06
constellation12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

I am going to share my experience as well, since this chat here helped me a lot.
I applied in the middle of December (CAE), I got invited on 27. as Bradical
I was the first one to fly (there were 8 of us). As Bradical already wrote I had same stuff to the point where we entered hold. I got fire on board, handed controls to my colleague, started to deal with problem/ had to again calm down the cabin crew, bec he just kept talking even after I said standby. And then ATC told me to climb to 6000ft due to medical of other aircraft. I did not have time to call MayDAY yet. So I said my radios and called unable we have May day fire on board etc and stand by. Then I got back to my colleage and discussed what to do. She said land ASAP ( since we were above airport on hold anyway). I asked for vectors/of course unavailable, clearance was standard procedure for ILS. So I just set up a corse/ it was pretty much already set up, briefed it very quickly and took controls and went down. Then re positioned one more ILS with go around and I got engine failure just after I called go around flaps 15/ I managed somehow since I had MCC on 737. He said that was just to teach me something/ a lesson since I did not have feet on pedals (stupid me). He said it was not part of the assessment. Assessor is always in the sim lisa.

interview:
He looked at my ATPL score, I did well there so he said this is good. I am going to ask you only 1 question.
He asked me about pressure in tire of landing gear. I said I did not know that. So I got another one it was about gravity of the moon and earth and astronauts in ISS and relations between all of it. I just figured something out there. Anyway the rest was the same HR questions, why Ryanair etc.

I got positive email as well as bradical. Good luck to everyone !!!