PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA capitulates to city of Santa Monica.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2017, 11:43
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piperboy84
Someone from the Indian sub continent, myself or indeed from anywhere can have as many homes as they like. Where I differ from the folks that come to my door in LA is for the duration of my stay at my home in Spain I don't petition the authorities or agitate my neighbors to cease practicing legal hobbies and permanently dismantle the facilities where these activities are held. Bullfighting being an example of something I disagree with, however If it personally bothered me to the extent I felt I must do something then the proper course of action would be to sell up and get on a plane and go home. Their country, their rules, a visitor swanning in temporarily to dictate how other cultures live is xenophobic or perhaps even racist.

As for the the H1b program benefiting the country (and by extension its citizens) its industry and GDP you are having a laugh. The program is no more than a poverty gladiator contest between college debt strapped Americans fighting for a decent job with health and pension benefits against an import with significantly less expectations and with the sultans of corporate America and their Wall st. hedge funder mates sitting in the viewing stands being served by their bought and paid for handmaidens in the congress and senate who just happen to write the visa laws.
two thoughts on this:

you don't have every immigrant or H1B visa "owner" banging on your door, don't you? You have couple of wackos same way you have couple of British pensioners living in Spain whinging about the local way of life, that doesn't mean you should stop migration as a whole. I don't think you'd like being kicked out of Spain simply because someone else from your country was being annoying?

as for the "poverty gladiator" - if you stop cheap labor (not that "cheap labor" applies to silicon valley) coming in, you don't gain highly paid jobs for locals.. you end up with jobs going in the direction where cheap labor is coming from.. I really thought that americans would have learned this by now looking at what happened to motoring industry etc.. but you will just not learn from the mistakes of the past..

I seriously think countries that built their wealth on slavery, colonialism and exploitation are in no position to complain about immigration, you simply have no moral or legal grounds for it..

Anyway I'm sure your Indian neighbors are not the only ones trying to shut it down.. it's a pity this happens, and as others have stated - it happens all over the world. We are overpopulated. If you wanted to stop it, you should have voted for someone who supports planned parenthood and abortions..