PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA capitulates to city of Santa Monica.
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2017, 11:07
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Martin_123
let me see if I understand this right - there are highly skilled professionals coming to your country, rising the GDP, paying taxes, attracting investment etc etc, generally making place wealthier around them and you want them out?

and how is it that you yourself can have homes on 2 different continents yet those of Indian subcontinent can't?
Someone from the Indian sub continent, myself or indeed from anywhere can have as many homes as they like. Where I differ from the folks that come to my door in LA is for the duration of my stay at my home in Spain I don't petition the authorities or agitate my neighbors to cease practicing legal hobbies and permanently dismantle the facilities where these activities are held. Bullfighting being an example of something I disagree with, however If it personally bothered me to the extent I felt I must do something then the proper course of action would be to sell up and get on a plane and go home. Their country, their rules, a visitor swanning in temporarily to dictate how other cultures live is xenophobic or perhaps even racist.

As for the the H1b program benefiting the country (and by extension its citizens) its industry and GDP you are having a laugh. The program is no more than a poverty gladiator contest between college debt strapped Americans fighting for a decent job with health and pension benefits against an import with significantly less expectations and with the sultans of corporate America and their Wall st. hedge funder mates sitting in the viewing stands being served by their bought and paid for handmaidens in the congress and senate who just happen to write the visa laws.

Last edited by piperboy84; 31st Jan 2017 at 11:25.