PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Preclearance in Dublin and Shannon
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2017, 21:43
alserire

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Taoiseach (PM) is actually going ahead with the review. For those not au fait with Irish politics we have a very weak government propped up by rag bag of independents, one of whom (amazingly an American citizen who has lived in Ireland for years and a woman, for what it's worth PAXboy!) called for a review. And Kenny is granting it. It is nothing short of staggering.

Apparently ONE whole person was stopped over the weekend. So we have to have a review.

As a wit on another website pointed out, our neighbours have basically thrown up the barriers to the entire EU for good and may well throw up the barriers on this island again but there's been no marches, protests or anything other than attempts to sweet talk our UK friends into being nice to us and we'll be nice to them. The Yanks do it for a few months and we throw the toys out of the pram.

It would be nothing short of catastrophic to suspend, or otherwise, preclearance. But like most politicians ours only care about clinging to power.

I've two trips coming up soon and I'll never forgive them is they make me queue up in JFK and LAX!