PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2017, 19:44
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That should have lead to a productive line of thought about being slow, but given the level of fear in that cockpit, who knows....?"

Indeed, who knows? I venture to say anyone who listens to the record, the CVR!!

Now this speed brake issue happened after the initial Stall, and mushed descent?

It underscores why the aural record is so critical. The transcription is so abridged, it even casts doubt on the report....?

Why did Robert so easily abandon his position re: climb? With the g, the altitude, and the reduction of airstream noise, one would think Robert would have gotten apoplectic? Instead, he joins in to tell the Captain they have "... Tried everything...." Evidently, something satisfied Robert that A) the climb was not subject to pilot arrest, or B) Nose Down had been "tried".......and failed, repeatedly......

That two pilots would disagree so vehemently about spoilers meant they had at least two divergent views on recovery? Where is the follow up? This lasted four minutes, I would expect some chatter, not the apparent "restraint" of voiced "concerns"?

KayPam,

"AP quit due to loss of anemo data only."

That's interesting.... What about The Stall Warning, and uncommanded Roll, plus unresponsive control?

This aircraft will not Stall in Normal Law. It wants to be In Alternate Law to Stall...that had nothing to do with loss of Auto Pilot? I repeat my question: if at Vs, (past alpha Max (and Vmax) , and already in Alternate, wouldn't the AP drop via the FCM? And, if this is so, and Pitch was commanded Nose Down, via Protection, isn't it quite possible the result may have been Overspeed?

Last edited by Concours77; 30th Jan 2017 at 19:56.