PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kfir's for Argentina
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2017, 18:40
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Pure fantasy I am afraid, as is the notion that you would have access to such plans and I would not - especially ones I may have helped to produce over the years.

Back in reality-land the defensive structure, composition and the nature of the forces based there are routinely outlined to the Argentinian government through diplomatic channels in a continuing effort to de-escalate any tensions. Even relatively minor changes in equipment due to obsolescence (e.g. Skyflash to AMRAAM) are communicated. Equally, the Argentinian government is not shy in making enquiries.

Oh and no, no Typhoon has ever flown over Argentinean territory. Argentinean air traffic granted permission to transit through the airspace controlled by Argentina on a weather diversion to Punta - they did so in a friendly and cooperative manner. A rehearsal for an attack it was not. Indeed, Falklands-based aircraft have never intruded into Argentinean airspace, but the reverse is reasonably common....

Anyway, rather rustic of you to think that the UK would look to put a package of aircraft from the Falklands in an effort against the mainland. Surely in your fantasy of UK aggression you would at least expect salvos of TLAMs from submarines?

The Junta that started a sneak attack on the Falklands over 30 years ago are long gone. The UK leadership that defended UK nationals are also gone or died of old age. The respective populations only want for peace and the UK military and Argentinean military even conduct reciprocal exchanges of personnel in a spirit of co-opeperation.

Finally, even if you really do still think that the UK intends to harm Argentina can you explain why, after 30 odd years and the near collapse of the Argentinean armed forces, we haven't actually done so already?