PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ealing Council propose closure of RAF Northolt
Old 28th Jan 2017, 22:05
MOSTAFA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HH, why don’t you try reading instead of quoting fluffy political garbage. So I asked you and you either didn’t want to answer or you have never piloted or Air Traffic’d a military aircraft into the centre of London? my guess is the latter. Begs the question why you want to comment on Military Aviation. A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying etc. Hey I admit I don’t fly for the military anymore but I did for 30 years and continue to fly today on the North Sea.

I bow to your vast experience of living on the M40 albeit, who actually gives a ***t and to your experience of the choo choo train journeys into London you are so proud of. Have you ever considered that for the best part those journeys they are made relatively safe, by rough men who stand ready to do violence on your behalf. I doubt it, you are far more interested in the size of the RAF. Do you actually believe its just the RAF that fly in the armed forces? I think I said before I couldn’t give a stuff about military airfields anymore they don’t affect me but.

To lump EGWU into “They are a relic of WW2 and TBH are not really necessary” is utter gibberish, no its actually worse; who appointed you Minister of Defence. If you had ever needed to fly or air traffic a military aircraft into the centre of London you would know why. Have you ever tried to grope over the Chilterns in poor weather, I doubt it. The precision radar head at EGWU on the other side of the Chilterns, is fundamental to the first rule of government. Happen you read all of my posts and you just might understand but somehow - I doubt it.

Last edited by MOSTAFA; 29th Jan 2017 at 07:04. Reason: Spell checker didn't like ICAO