PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2017, 18:40
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Officer Kite
Kaypam you will not do your fATPL from scratch in 10 months, I hate to sound rude but set yourself an achievable (realistic) goal. Even 12 months is quite low. Think more 14.

And don't get too bogged down if you don't pass your IR first time. There are some who will accept a second pass. I heard of one individual now flying an A321 who had a 3rd series pass! Best of luck with it
12 months is the total estimate, including margins and from PPL + 170hours

Facts are I am ready for 4 (and almost 5) subjects out of 14 after just 7 weeks of work.
My only worry is the delay before being able to take the tests, but it should work out well provided I pay the CAA fee

For the subjects to come, I graduated a year ago with a master's degree in aero engineering. As my education covered most of the subjects (more or less in depth) I'm not worried at all regarding the subjects to come.

Daily work is key I am right now in a break from my question bank.

Most worrisome steps are financing, getting a place in a flight school on such short notice (for instance, tayside aviation told me that they will not have a place for me anywhere in 2017) and getting a job afterwards.