PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 Return to REAL Service
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2017, 18:19
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Although I want the accident investigators to discover a credible cause and AH to engineer a credible solution, I am very concerned about the industry running for cover in the wrong direction.

Two new types? Well how many times has it been written on pprune that it's unwise to expect new unproven types to solve all your problems? And one of those types is from the same manufacturer whose name is regularly smeared over the 225 affair.

The S-92? Now listen, there have been so-o-o-o many times that I have been very glad to see a S-92 arrive, and there will be again, but I try to be realistic about its capabilities and history. Heavy, escape windows are not very 21st century, noisy, shakes like a rock crusher, 10 year old tail rotor bearing problem, MRGB run-dry issue, 17 fatalities in civil ops, ...

If the AW189, for instance, had space for 19 fat Europeans, 5 years of solid crew change service, with a big fleet hours number and still no accidents then I might feel we were in a different place.