PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2017, 16:27
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its rather 12 months and I'm already two months in, so ten months remaining.
For ATPL theory to fATPL.
Regarding hours building well.. In six months of ATPL theory I could fly 100 hours if I had the money to do it ! I'm only 20 hours of PIC short of the minima.

Most schools I see indicate 4 to 6 months for the practical phase.
So I counted 6 months (ATPL theory) + 2 contingency months (delays before entering the school, before taking the ATPL exams). For the practical phase, spanish weather at FTE should allow it in 3 months, from september to november. December being the MCC/JOC phase so not weather restricted.
That's only if they have a slot for me though.

As of now, I'm right on schedule regarding ATPL theory. Half the time reading the books, half the time answering questions, that's about 80-100 pages per day during the books half and then 200-250 questions per day during the other half of the time.
I passed my first "school exams" with scores between 88-100% (Air law, Ops, instruments, comms) in less than two months.
I will take these exams on 17/02, that's two weeks "lost", included in the two contingency months.

It requires working on it every day, including new years eve and christmas, though.

If I don't pass flight skill tests on the first attempt well.. It doesn't matter being behind schedule because who is going to recruit me after that ? Even Ryanair won't.