PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dreaded Hi-viz vest
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 14:14
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoetPilot, I don't think it's specifically Peel having it in for Barton. I just got a letter back from 'the powers that be' at Sherburn explaining that the rule was brought in after a CAA inspection. They (both the CAA and Special Branch apparently) were worried about the "lack of demarkation between airside and landside" - so it seems it's another case of such daft rules being based on 'security' rather than safety, i.e. anybody in yellow/green 'uniform' must be official.

Looks like the same CAA inspector got straight on the M62 after he'd visited you lot.

Interestingly, the letter also said:
To date, the idea of wearing the vests has been welcomed, yours being the only adverse comment received
Well, I've spoke to a few fellow polits at the club who all think it's a daft rule, but none, it seems, have been willing to make any effort. Just shows that the typical British habit of moaning to ones peers but not actually doing anything about the situation is alive and well. I'd suggest anyone who's unhappy makes their views known now. After all, if the CAA are worried about "airside demarcation" you can be sure that the same CAA inspector and/or Special Branch officer will be visiting VERY SOON recommending security fences, CCTV systems and ID cards. Just a thought.