PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ultralight Crash Banks Strait Tasmania
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 20:03
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
So CASA is reduced to prosecuting the unfortunate owners of crashed ultralights and Gyrocopters?

How the mighty have fallen, read the AAT BS and see how far CASA is prepared to go to criminalise the conduct of a perhaps unwise Gyro enthusiast.

Despite Mr Bellamy having had a very unfortunate experience in his attempt at restoration and testing his J2 gyroplane, I have found that was no evidence upon which CASA can soundly base a suspension of his PPL. All of the difficulties which Mr Bellamy encountered, including his conviction in the Magistrates’ Court, stemmed from his gyroplane involvement. I had no evidence before me that similar circumstances would arise in the future as far as his fixed-wing operations are concerned. Mr Bellamy did not blatantly ignore the advice given to him by CASA and he appeared to have made significant attempts to comply with all legislative requirements as they existed at the time, which were not as clear as perhaps they could have been. I have found that he is a fit and proper person to hold the PPL – aeroplane.

I find that the decision made by CASA on 16 March 2016 cancelling Mr Bellamy’s
PPL– aeroplane was not the preferable decision. I set aside that decision. Therefore, Mr Bellamy’s PPL – aeroplane remains valid and should be treated as never having been cancelled. CASA’s records regarding Mr Bellamy should be amended accordingly.
Bellamy and Civil Aviation Safety Authority [2016] AATA 956 (29 November 2016)

Cue "The Bold Gendarmes"...

[G]We're public guardians, bold but wary,
And of ourselves, we [C] take [Am] good [G]care,
To risk our precious lives, we're chary,
When danger looms, we're [C] ne- [Am]-ver [G] there
But when we [C] meet some helpless [G] woman,
Or little [C] boys that do no [G] harm

Chorus
[G]We run them [D] in, We run them in,
We run them [G] in, We run them in,
We show them, we're [D] the bold [C] gen- [G] -darmes,
We run them [D] in, We run them in,