PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship Alive And Well On Pp
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 11:29
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRONG AGAIN TORRES

Torres

You just cannot abide by the facts can you.

I have not used this Forum to attack some individual. This sort of incorrect comment reflects on yourself - don't throw bricks at rubber walls, mate!

If you are not an AOPA member one can only hope you are neither an Oz pilot or aircraft owner.

Again you are on about an umpire's decision - there has not been one. A message has been sent to PP management about the potential conflict of interest in moderation on PP re AOPA matters, and I clearly indicated in my earlier posting that their decision was theirs and theirs alone, and would be followed by myself.

All this tripe you have thrown in about posting rights and petty squabbles is irrelevant. PP allowed the AOPA election thread with its significant squabbles, posting rights were very liberal, and the AOPA thread had a significant following.

If you are going to post
1. Please stick to the facts although based on your previous postings this may require significant self-discipline, and,
2. Please don't make statements about me that you cannot substantiate.
3. If you are not and will never be an AOPA member, then practice what you preach and leave the AOPA threads alone.

BSB
Long time no hear.

Thank you for your posting into which I read that you are well aware that I abide by the rules and play the ball, not the man.

Yes, there is another forum that was set up while the AOPA one was down. It does not censor, except in matters defamatory etc.

Surprisingly, the only attempt at "censorship" on it has been by - guess who, AOPA - because they did not like a posting with some pertinent suggestions by an ex staffer.

I agree entirely with your final paragraph. Let's all live by the PP rules. As noted earlier, I am so prepared to put the case for those rules to include unbiased moderation that I have put my own name to my posting and email to PP management.

What I do find surprising in several postings to date, and I am not specifying yours, are the attempts to pervert the course of this thread away from free speech and bias by launching totally unsubstantiated and unsustainable allegations about myself - then suggesting I an others are "going the man". I can only conclude that this departure from the Australian ethos and ethical behaviour is a desperate attempt to draw attention away from the real issue of the censorship allegation.

Has anyone considered that Woomera can stop this debate cold in an instant. All he has to post is that he is not a Director of AOPA. This confirms no serious conflict of interest exists and gives us no clue to his real identity. Result, I withdraw my concern and we all go away happy. Isn't that what you would do in similar circumstances?

Must run, I have work to do.
Cheers