PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan Begging Bowl Out Again...
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 15:43
NutLoose

Received 2,858 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Extraordinary General Meeting Needed?

Just seen the latest e-mail update, and feel exasperated.
A year in storage with no engine runs, and only a hope that free storage will be extended past April. Taff to keep her in current state - I've no idea how the systems will be kept live if there are no engine runs - I suspect she is being mothballed, so everything will stop working for at least a year, and then cost a fortune to bring her back to her current state....Another last ditch appeal no doubt.

The new hangar is being leased by the trust not owned by it - in the same way we leased hangar 3, and look where that has got us. No information on the length of lease - is it a perpetual lease, and what safeguards are there to prevent us being kicked out when another tenant offers them more money for the use of it?

Apparently all the obstacles to taxi runs have been resolved - just in time to be moved into storage! Why not taxy her there in front of us all?! Nothing in the Q&A to indicate if the airport will allow spectators onto the airfield? They weren't interested in allowing this for the final flight, so what has changed?

The Q&A's are an insult to anyone with any knowledge - Bruntingthorpe not suitable because of the runway - which of course is why the Cold War jets all use it twice a year without issue. Oh and because we cant fly the Canberra from there - sorry to point out the bleeding obvious, but the main reason we wont fly the Canberra is there is no money to restore or operate her, so thoughts about the suitability of a runway are irrelevant! No mention of any consultation with the CAA on a one-off ferry flight to somewhere people can go and see her - even though it is possible given her current state of maintenance.

According to the last accounts Dr Pleming drew between £70 -£80K in the last year - doing what exactly? Why is he paid at all - none of the trustees are. His salary is close on 25% of the total expenditure of the trust - How on earth is that acceptable to anyone?

I really feel those at the top have lost their way, and let everyone down.

I'm sorry to say I'm done with this project.....Good luck everyone - I hope you are successful, but I will be truly amazed if she ever taxies again, let alone in front of her loyal supporters.

Over and Out.....