PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 11:55
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lostinspace89

That doesn't mean you cannot go the modular route for 60k total and not find a job. Many are lucky to get into ryanair, pay a type rating for 25k euro and get that first job. Though don't be fooled either that if ryan air have applicants from Oxford and applicants from a mixed modular in poland, czech etc they are likely to give the Oxford candidate a higher chance. I also have friends in pilot recruitment for a large airline and its all point based and training when you're low houred is very important. So although there are many inspiring stories out there of people spending 40 to 50k ONLY, in the end after doing the math, I would PERSONALLY prefer spending 120k (on an airline sponsored training) and knowing within 7 years I could pay it off. Will I be comfortable? NO. But neither would I be comfortable spending 60k for a CPL , then 25-35k for a type rating with no job.
Could we please come up with a best employability/cost ratio ?
It seems like FTE Jerez, at 10k below Oxford/CTC (for the CPL->JOC), with almost the same opportunities afterwards (??) is a very good candidate, doesn't it ?

Ideally, one would compile a list of all preferred FTOs by the different airlines and compute the optimum ratio (or choose based on another criteria) but this data seems hard to get all together.

Could someone please give us that kind of list at least for one airline ?