PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 11:32
clamchowder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of rubbish flying around on this thread. Oxford is a good choice to get a job and fund your passion.
95+% of airline pilots I fly with went to CTC or Oxford, not phil's flying school at a grass strip. (I make no conclusions to the quality of training at small outfits, merely success with getting a jet job)
A lot of people looking for jobs that don't want to compete against you on here.
Oxford and CTC are being hoovered by easyjet and others at the moment. There hasn't been so much recruitment in over 10 years!! You make the right choice in oxford.
I'd ask family/ well off friends and banks face to face and see what they say. The pool is getting very small at the moment. I heard from a TRI/TRE that the CAA are telling airlines they need think ahead more than they are because in a few years there won't be enough people willing to pay to train! (I've simplified what was said, there were graphs and everything )
Bull by the horns! Do what you can to get the dough and go to OAA or CTC. The new FOs around me at the moment (all from one of the 2) are getting in to hold pools or positions in 1-3 months out of flight school, sub 6 months in EVERY case I've heard.
Perhaps this is because they take the top 10% from each class to go to an airline which would mean my perspective isn't representative... perhaps. Those integrated are 120k+
It took me 3 years to get a job.