PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship Alive And Well On Pp
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 09:34
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOW I AM CONFUSED

Torres

Now I am confused.

I don't know how Danny and the PP crew will take it if I I follow your suggestion and go to the AOPA Board about a conflict of interest in the moderation on PP - in fact, I would have thought AOPA could best look after THEIR Forum and my approach to PP about its Forum was appropriate.

As far as the Umpire's decision, what are you on about? What umpire, what decision? It may surprise you to know that a good number of those I voted for were elected to the new AOPA Board. I value their excellent efforts since the election. I have posted quite constructively and positively on their Forum.

What I do not like is censorship of quite normal non libel or defamatory posts on this PP Forum. For your info, my post on the other thread that got "moved" is as follows: -

"AOPA AND THE NAS

Very interesting to hear our two USA colleagues at the Melbourne NAS presentation. Couple of my observations:
1. They were adamant of the need for a strong AOPA, alleging AOPA USA has around 2/3 of the 600,000 owners/pilots.
2. They believe we are way ahead re Ultralights in Oz.

I think there is a clear message that AOPA Oz must gain members not just to survive but to have a voice.

Another hidden message as to why the AUF is so far ahead of the USA - a cynic would argue that CASA and Minister Anderson have created this advantage for Oz!!!

I like the NAS concepts I have seen and heard, being a VFR pilot.
However, I wonder how much of it will occur in my lifetime.
Will certain parties again conspire to make sure we have lots of
incident reports to repeat the previous Class E sabotage?
Will the Military accept that their aviation fleet can be counted on
one's hands and fingers and really relinquish the massive sector of the Oz skies that they so treasure?
Will CASA accept that one can fly over YMML at 3000' without having to put in a written flight plan.

I hope our USA colleagues don't take the audience questions at the NAS presentation Wednesday as indicative of the standards of Oz pilots and thinking. Very disappointing.

I'd rather the NAS than the JAR. I'd rather AOPA than nowt.
But, in both cases, the entrenched politics and attitudes pose the
greatest threats to success.
Cheers
Brian H"

Now, Torres, I would have thought this post was very positive about the need for people to be AOPA members?

Your posting endeavours to throw together several wild unsubstantiated accusations and personal vilification to blot my escutcheon and take this thread off on a tangent. Thinking readers will continue to follow the context of this thread - whether censorship of threads has followed the rules or been affected by bias.
Cheers