PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ealing Council propose closure of RAF Northolt
Old 27th Jan 2017, 08:33
Arclite01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Around here usually part of the planning conditions is that the developer is responsible for associated improvements to the roads, electrical and water infrastructure. These need to be completed before the Council will adopt the development. - Yeah right

I can name at least 3 developments near to me that are 250 Houses plus that had that planning condition applied and yet the houses have been built, sold and the developer gone away and the planning condition has not been completed. On 2 of the 'developments' (I hesitate to use the words 'estate') the infrastructure is so bad the roads are full of potholes and major junction improvements have not been completed, it's made local and regional news and yet the council still refuse to enforce the condition through the courts, none of the properties are cheaper end of the spectrum or achieve the goal of helping locals or first time buyers - so I am at a loss as to what the overall benefits were. The Dis-benefits are obvious:
  • We have lost local green space
  • The houses are rammed together (not attractive)
  • The roads are barely useable (unadopted and already damaged)
  • The properties have not helped the local housing situation
  • Local infrastructure overflowing (schools, doctors, sewerage, Broadband, roads etc)
  • Local Authority apparently powerless (unwilling or unable ?) in the face of the developers
  • Progressive downslide in overall quality of life..............

Meanwhile the Local Authority is tackling blatant illegal development by making one of my local farmers take down a barn that was 1 meter higher than the planning application he submitted and they have rejected his application for an amendment to the original planning app...........

All I can assume is that Local Councillors are either extremely naïve in what they think Developers will and won't do or they are receiving large brown envelopes to 'quieten' them down. Ultimately money talks and integrity walks.......

Finally, like you guys elsewhere I am amazed at the distances and time people spend travelling on the daily commute nowadays, many people round here do 2 hours each way, each day to work and spend in excess of £6000 for a season ticket............. just crazy !

And don't get me started on 'second' homes in Burnham Market...........

Arc