PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship Alive And Well On Pp
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 08:39
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT IS ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Air Ace & Dingo

You both seem keen to attack the players instead of the ball.

Getting back to basics, if Woomera is on the AOPA Board, allowing him to moderate AOPA threads on PP is not only unfair to the readers but to him because of the potential conflict of interest. Sort of like CASA moderating a Forum desiring to get a balanced view of the NAS, eh?

Just for your info, here is what I have sent before your postings to PP admin re the matter - yes, it is their Forum and they set the rules and I will abide by their decision, a decision which obviously affects the credibility of PP as regards freedom of speech. I draw your attention particularly to the first two sentences of my second last paragraph below, and to the fourth para below: -

"Danny et al,

Woomera has already acknowledged a potential conflict of interest to PP management, as noted in his own posting on one of the now locked or moved threads.

I posted this morning on D & G GA, asking "Moved to Where" in regard to the thread "AOPA on the way up".
My posting of this morning has been moved within the day.

I have just again posted pointing out that this is blatant censorship. Anything critical of AOPA seems to be shut down.
I wonder how long my current posting will last?

You may not be aware that AOPA has also intruded into another forum using legal threats that the convenor is not financed to test, to have it censor a posting by an ex-AOPA staff member.

During the AOPA election period, messages close to defamation and libel (but not quite) were allowed to remain on the PP thread - have a read if any confirmation needed. But, current messages not in the least defamatory or libellous are being censored by Woomera.

This email, and the two threads posted today, are being widely shared within the ranks of those who wish AOPA to survive but also to be honest with itself. Past director behaviour makes this a mandate. Because they are widely shared, it is important that they do not detract from PPs credibility in matters other than those involving AOPA.

In conclusion, my point to you is that Woomera has acknowledged a duality of purpose where AOPA is concerned. If you confirm that he is now a Director of AOPA, and he confirms that he has "moved" the threads off the PP forum, then I respectfully suggest PPRUNE must examine whether it remains acceptable for Woomera to remain placed in a strong potential conflict of interest situation - particularly as it is becoming common knowledge and reflects on the credibility of PP which - despite many wild threads and rumours - nevertheless otherwise remains an excellent and valuable sharing place.
Best regards
Brian Hannan"

PS - in answer to the email query I just received, here is what I posted Sunday morning that was "moved" by Sunday evening - gee, it is really strong compared to what was allowed on the AOPA election thread ............. isn't it?

"MOVED TO WHERE"
OK, I give up, where did the AOPA thread "move" to?

Woomera, I have commented previously on your slip is showing - or is it your show is slipping? - when AOPA is mentioned. Notice I do not state "conflict of interest" although I think your own posting did allude to it once.

Don't you think it's time to take your spear and head for just an AOPA role?
Cheers