PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2017, 23:56
PFDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can turn it the other way around: Yet they're probably 5 years younger than you (as they only spent 2 on the course) and in 2 years on the job they'll get those 80k£ back. Which still leaves them with 3 years salary advantage.

There is no such thing as a better way or a right way, it is up to each and every individual to see what their pockets allow them to pay and decide how to do it. You definitely deserve all the credit for doing it the way you did, but younger people having the responsibility that comes with 100,000£ upon their shoulders at 18/19 and succeeding deserve some credit! Thank god my family supported me through training back then and I didn't need a bank, but I felt the responsibility of all that money to the point of not being able to fall asleep just cause I was afraid of missing my 7AM flight and still have to pay for it, get a no show, etc.. Like any other student who is bright enough to have an idea of how much money we are talking about.
If I felt that way, I can imagine those paying it with a huge debt!

Just because some choose a more direct route, that doesn't mean anything is given to them or made easier. I believe we should look at both sides of the coin and I do give you all the credit, but I can understand those who do it different ways.

Last edited by PFDriver; 27th Jan 2017 at 00:07.