PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2017, 12:25
Cessnaflyer87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Just for clarity, every comment here is an opinion and remember that.

I agree, the actual cost to price ratio from the FTO's is astronomical. However they offer a product, in the same way buying a one bed flat in london may seem stupid to those who can buy a 5 bed elsewhere for the same price, it is simply a product that people may wish to buy for their circumstance. If you have the money, there is nothing wrong with using them to expedite your journey however there are great risks that must be understood and acknowledged.

I want to note, i am pursuing a modular route as i do not have the financial backing to secure the debt required. I would strongly advise someone who is looking at Ab Initio training to thoroughly review the cost and the risks associated. If there is another 9/11 and you are either still in training or recently qualified, how would you keep up with debt. Especially if you are young and can't return to a well paid job.

I work am a senior member of staff in corporate lending for a bank, so if anyone wants to discuss (no advice though, that must be sought independantly), i can give you a few figures and explain some of the risk. Just DM me if needed.