PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding / Loans / Money
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2017, 12:58
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y calculation is based on a 2016 easyJet SO Italian contract, not taking into account a possible upgrade to the left seat. So basically SO->FO->SFO.
Of course I'm also assuming that he's not going to lose his job.

Feel free to add the 5/4 roster, the number of different european bases, the career opportunities and the lack of good alternative careers.

I say again: having a time machine I'd borrow money ASAP...does it mean I'm going to pay 40,000 £ of interests? I don't care, to me it is really worth it.
From other posts, it is quite clear you are still a wannabe, who cannot pay for training himself and is hoping to get a loan underwritten by an airline.

Well, bad news is that that is extremely difficult. Forget EZY, BA did it in the past, still your own loan.

Forget about what people say about BBVA, funding for pilot training... it is called mortgage at the end of the day, on your parents' house, with high interests.

It is not your fault to have to go through this. Some of us were not born rich. C'est la vie. I worked hard before training so that I did not have to get any mortgages. I was lucky, maybe.

I did go through one of the big three. Cadet for an airline, perm contract, excellent conditions. Join one of the big in Europe with decent contracts and you are looking at around 300.000 euros net in your pocket for 5 year employment (taking into account progression). Currently cadets in my airline have spent over 150.000 euro, which with interests will become close to 200.000 euro cost.

So 7 years, 100.000 euros benefit. Obviously it gets better after that.

But what they don't tell you is how many guys get there. They might tell you, but tsss, they lie. They play with numbers and we all believe in them.

- What if you are not selected?
- What if you end up somewhere else flying?
- Instructing?
- Not even that?

But...

- What if you can't pay back the mortage, and your parents either??

Or what if you can.. but then something happens in your life and lose your licence?

You would be surprised about reality, and how risks are HUGE in relation to possible benefits.
- What if