PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2017, 11:40
Danny42C

Traffic,

A worthy winner !

Was at Linton long ago, but don't remember a ghost. Perhaps Commander (Air) had frightened him off ? Anyway, were no WFAF/WRNS there in my time (see below).

SWB,

Seems to be de rigeur for a RAF Station to have a resident Ghost (particularly if you have WRAF in the mix), as on dark, foggy winter night, it can be manipulated to your crafty advantage.

Teesside Airport (perish "D&TV" Airport) still have the old MSG one, who stuck to his pad after demob. Still used (by rascally drivers-airframe) to terrify overnighting hosties in the St.George Hotel (the old Mess).

Of course Leeming had one. Supposed to be the Nav of a Buckmaster (?) postwar crash. Dead Nav goes round No.1 Hangar at nights asking if anyone's seen his (dead) Pilot. Strangely enough, Leeming is also a WRAF Station (who would've guessed it ?)

Anybody,

Was there an aircraft there at all in the last pic ? Or was it just my duff eyes that I couldn't see one ? Or am I just stoopid ?

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 25th Jan 2017 at 11:46. Reason: Got Mixed Up...."As you were !"