PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2017, 02:28
PFDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOT ORANGE
Sad state of affairs having to pay to work for what is basically an unsustainable long term job.10k for this ,20K for that,what has happened to aviation?At least with RYR you don't have to pay up front as NTR DEC and the type rating as a contractor is tax deductable.
What really makes me laugh about EZY is as the share price has halved in a year Caroline thingys top priority is to get more women pilots...like the men in this dogpoo industry have it easy!
No one has to pay when we're talking about DEC! And if you do, then you're just making a fool out of yourself, in my opinion. If we're talking about 250h cadets I can understand the urge, but not for experienced captains. Anyway, I don't know where you heard about DECs at easyJet paying anything, even the TR and especially upfront. The ones I know and that moved there recently are really well paid and paid nothing.

Ryanair isn't bad either, but when you're a DEC I'd look for better working conditions. Ryanair flies for some islands in the atlantic and it's not uncommon that pilots have to listen to HF for hours because they're not even SELCAL equipped!

This is just my point of view but from a certain monthly income upwards, I'm looking for decent working conditions and not just the one that pays better.

The AmyJohnson thing is marketing, either you understand it or you don't. EasyJet has to make millions, and if millions are made by saying what people want to hear, then that's what you do! I do support women in the cockpit and I've flown with some that were way better than some guys, and the opposite has happened too. Girls do have it easier sometimes, but not always and that doesn't mean they don't put on all the necessary effort.

I do suppose though that your nickname kinda gives it away