PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 22:10
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wycombe: it's going to be a long way home for those people tonight. Sometimes you have to take things like that on the chin but the fact is that it happens too often at SOU, and not a word is uttered by the management. No doubt the grinning goon went home at 5pm without a care in the world. You have to question how this kind of management is going to play for KLM and BMI. Just the sort of airlines SOU should be enticing, but since they started operating I am not sure a week has gone by without some form of cancellation. I'm sure BE don't care (judging by my experience of their customer service) plus the fact they have a monopoly at SOU (who else are customers going to fly with).

The problem is that we as customers are all ready to spend are money locally (even paying a premium for the privilege) rather than drive up the M3 but the management don't seem to want to provide the product. With the devolution of power to the regions there is going to be an onus to attract business, investment and tourism. However, if the people flying in on KLM or LH codeshares have to wait 3 days before being able to land at the local airport it puts us at a disadvantage before they have even stepped off the plane. I sincerely hope pressure is put on the MD to be put out to pasture and someone new and ambitious takes up the challenge. I doubt the pension fund that owns the airport will want to rock the boat though.