PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB January 2017
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 21:58
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
CRAB I have not pontificated or tried to force my opinion. I have just pointed out the legal and guidance material that determines how we are mandated to conduct our business.

To answer your direct question I an not an FI nor was I a QHI, only TRI and TRE so I concede ab-ignitio training is not in my field of experience. That's ok. It means that I am probably more inclined to rely on the rules and guidance than maybe your wider experience compels you to do. However, I have written more FTO manuals and syllabi than I really care to recall. Funny enough every syllabus had to have a complete and comprehensive brief FOR EVERY EXERCISE. So you can carry on about flexibility blah blah but there is nothing in the course syllabi that permits you to fly sorties without briefing. Period.

If you like I can start quoting EASA-FCL exactly in this respect.

Now vent at the head all you like at me but please note I did not write the regulations but I did write many courses, delivered some, based on those regulations AND I am very happy and lucky to believe in the regs and the system AND it has always worked for m.

Having said all that, reading your posts, I think you confuse INSTRUCTIONAL STYLE AND TECHNIQUE with the CONDUCT OF TRAINING. I know that you know these are separate things.

Furthermore you seem to imply that because your style and technique is so brilliant you can stick two fingers up to everyone else's opinion.

Above all a few "victims" of your implied "style" have posted here already making it clear your approach, as you describe it is.....well.....suboptimal!