PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN Security has halved!
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 02:39
grand slam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a bit of luck they will all resign, and then we can check in 45 mins before departure, as we used to. If I thought that the present security arrangements served any useful purpose I would welcome them. However, I suspect that the whole charade is a ploy by our inept politicians to give the travelling public a sense of well-being.
We already know that terrorists are able to make knives from ceramics and kevlar, which are undetectable. ALPA have demonstrated that they have manufactured a 4 shot .22 pistol from a mobile phone. Why are the security folk harrassing passengers who carry nail clippers?
There is a security risk, but present methods will not prevent an attack. Automatic semtex sniffers would serve a useful purpose, as would racial profiling, if it were allowed. All the present system will do is make air travel so unpleasant that people will stop flying. It will please the BBC, (did you see their recent effort at undermining confidence in air travel to please the so called environmentalists within their ranks?), but be of no comfort to the unemployed ex-aviation people.