PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deal at Norwich
Thread: Deal at Norwich
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 17:57
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jan, you can tell the people who have been stung by "handling" can't you!?

I remember landing, and being charged £45 for the landing, and then £250 for "handling".

I am still trying to figure out what they do for that money for general aviation. I can understand it for commercial business jets wanting to have someone come meet the passengers with umbrellas, luxury car etc... All waiting on the tarmac next to the jet with customs officials, then once you get in the car - it takes you straight into town... Sorting out the booking out for the pilots, and sorting out all sorts of additional paperwork...etc....

But for GA? I still don't know.... I go in, they're generally nice... Give you free wifi (for the 2minutes you're there), give you a sheet with local procedures prior to departure.... That's what... £15 tops isn't it? Where does this occasionally extortionate price tag come from? Wouldn't it be better for them to accept general aviation and set a low price to welcome them, you could easily get a few hundred landings and handling a year, rather than set an extortionate price and get 2 or 3 planes a year!